Project Free World is currently looking for the ideal candidates to fulfill these roles:
Senior Software Engineer
Business Development Manager
Digital Marketing Manager
If you feel that any of these positions are a great fit for you, please fill out the application form located at the bottom of this page.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Project Free World is looking for a passionate, quality-focused senior software engineer with a social conscience. Your job will be to support, enhance, and expand Project Free World’s website features. If you have passion not only for technology but also for applying technology to further social causes in new and innovative ways, we’d like to speak with you. Ours is a small and highly leveraged team where self-motivation, task-focus, and efficiency are essential.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Doing all aspects of software development including architecture, documentation, unit testing, and deployment using Python and the Django framework
- Working with internal sales, community, operations, product team and executive staff to review and implement ideas
- Website systems administration and optimization on Ubuntu servers
- Providing leadership to and mentoring other technology team members
The ideal candidate for this position must demonstrate the following:
- 5+ years experience coding in Python
- 5+ years experience using the Django (or similar) web framework
- 5+ years SQL coding experience
- Experience scaling and administering full web application stacks
- Eagerness to learn and work at all levels of responsibility
- Working knowledge of source code control and unit testing
- Experience working in the social good sector
- Project leadership and management duties
- Experience scaling with MySQL and/or Django
- Experience using Fabric for devops tasks
- Experience using a DVCS (Mercurial preferred)
- Experience with Apache, nginx, WSGI, South, caching systems
If you’re truly awesome, and have some characteristic that you believe will compensate for lacking one of the key skills, just explain it in your submission.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Do you want a seat on a rocketship headed to change the world? This role is for you if, one day, you want to be a: CEO, leader of a team, or big time social entrepreneur. This role is on a special team with the CEO to build a new business unit for Project Free World.
You must be a dynamic, strategic, sales / business development professional, with experience in developing, selling and executing complex partnerships across industries. You should love targets and goals, developing marketing and communications materials, crafting strategy, and consulting clients to see a bigger vision. We want you to fit in here at Project Free World, so we’re looking for people with grit, intense hunger to learn, self-awareness, humility, excellent judgment and generosity.
The right candidate will view this role as an opportunity to:
- Be an integral contributor in accelerating Project Free World’s mission
- Be a industry leader in service, corporate social responsibility and philanthropy 2.0
- Help lead Project Free World’s effort to expand new market opportunities (foundation and partnerships)
- Build a strong network of leaders that want to disrupt the status quo to be more effective philanthropists and culture builders
- Be an ambassador for Project Free World, social enterprise and effective giving
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AND OUR EXPECTATIONS
- Work tirelessly everyday to research and recruit new high quality organizational partners into the Project Free World community and set aggressive personal goals to exceed targets for outreach.
- Work with the Strategic Partnerships team to prospect, consult, and close high level partnerships via a consultative partnership building process.
- Build relationships with and present to mid-level managers all the way up to C-Suite executives.
- Help refine best-practice partnership building process and pipeline management for target groups (foundations, corporations, others).
- Set and hit target revenue-goals.
- Maintain a high level of weekly activity consisting of networking, meetings and diligent follow-up.
- Generate new leads by networking, cold calling, attending conferences, and more.
- Provide marketplace feedback to the leadership team, in order to constantly improve the Project Free World service and model.
- Create stunning and effective proposals, presentations, and other marketing and communications collateral.
- Support and strengthen organizational culture, values and reputation.
- Directly report to CEO.
- At least 3-4 years of work experience in sales, business development, fundraising, marketing and communications, ideally with experience with foundations, nonprofit networks, and corporate partners.
- Exceptional relationship-building, persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional ability to execute on ideas and implement changes based on feedback.
- Exceptional research, organization and project management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- A team-player attitude, adept at enhancing team effectiveness.
- Motivation to develop a long term career as a leader in sales, marketing or business development.
- Motivation to work in a fast-paced, goal oriented environment and thrive under pressure.
- Must love change and quick pivots.
- Driven and hungry to learn and contribute.
- Project Free World’s core values and mission at heart.
DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
The Digital Marketing Manager will lead the implementation of marketing strategies and integrated marketing plans for Project Free World. These plans will support both immediate and long-term growth. The role includes developing deep consumer insights, driving marketing and positioning strategies, turning those strategies into concrete marketing plans, and working closely with the sales team to ensure successful execution and delivery against revenue and customer goals. This enterprise level sell will require creative target customer identification and strategies to identify the right and interested buyers within large enterprises.
- Implement a marketing plan that includes multiple forms of media (i.e. social media, high touch and high tech campaigns, website, events, etc.).
- Working closely with the sales team, execute high-impact campaigns to drive sales.
- Write and/or edit content and imagery for collateral that supports sales (i.e. newsletters, case studies, white papers, videos, webinars, website, press releases, fact sheets, presentations, and social media sites, etc.).
- Manage the production and availability of marketing collateral and website content and updates.
- Identify conferences, meet ups, events, etc. of interest and secure high visibility speaking slots.
- Prepare blog posts.
- Monitor and track the results of the organization’s marketing efforts
- Ensure brand integrity for all external publications by managing brand guidelines as well as oversee communications and marketing policies and procedures.
- Track competitors and their offering/positioning
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and be a jack of all trades, must be able to plan and execute
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to research and identify potential decision makers within the enterprise marketplace
- Proficient in social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills to track performance
- Passionate about Project Free World’s mission
Please submit all applications via the form below.